More and more free to pitch events are available each month. Leaving me to ask the question, why would any competent CEO of a credible company admit to investors they would pay for that which is free. By the way, anyone want to buy my empty water bottles, I mean bottled air?
Here's a couple of pitch events coming up that were way under my radar screen until pointed out to me by Bob Nelson, DCs Energizer Bunny of Entrepreneurs - Bob's been going and going and going since the 90's.
First there's my Favorite Local Organization the NVTC, DCTech's 234th best friend. NVTC is hosting a pitch event.
Here's the announcment from the NVTC Web Site:
Entrepreneur Spotlight Event
Presented by The Entrepreneur Center @NVTC
- Micronic Technologies
- Mobrise Inc.
1750 Tysons Boulevard
Member: No Charge
Non-Member: No Charge
To Register and for more information link here:
NYC Women Connect
AOL Fishbowl Labs
posted by Fletcher Jones on October 30th, 2012
Last & Not Least StartupVA
'Tis the season of giving - that's why StartupVA selected 20 companies to pitch for a chance to win a donation to the charity of his/her choice at our 2012 Pitch for Charity event.
Arlington Economic Development located on the 15th floor of 1100 N. Glebe Rd., Arlington, VA 22201. (703) 228-0808. The building is identified by the CACI/Jacobs signs out front. The location is Metro accessible via the Orange Line – Ballston/MU station. Parking is also available in the garage below the building for $11.00. Parking will NOT be validated.
11:00 - Registration
11:15 - Event Kickoff & Opening Remarks
11:30 - Pitches begin
12:15 - Pitches end, Scoring begins
- Scoring is 50% judges, 50% audience
- The audience will vote for their top pitch via sms text message codes
12:45 - Keynote address
1:00 - Winners announced
Emcee: Carl Pierre, InTheCapital
Companies (in alphabetical order):
- Barrel of Jobs
- CasaNoVa Brewing
- Digital Wallet Plus
- Kinergy Health
- Maxx Potential, LLC.
- Micronic Technologies
- Seat Jumper
- Treatment Diaries Inc.
1. First Place -
a. $2,000 donation to the charity of your choice
b. Mentor session with the Panel
2. Second Place - $300 donation to the charity of your choice
3. Third Place - $200 donation to the charity of your choice
4. Door Prizes – Microsoft Windows Phone, Piola Gift Card, Medi Gift Card
Panel of Judges:
- Jonathan Aberman, Managing Director, Amplifier Ventures
- Aneesh Chopra, Former White House CTO, United States of America
- Jen Consalvo, COO and Co-Editor, Tech Cocktail
- Donna Harris, Managing Director Startup Regions, Startup America Partnership
- Jonathon Perrelli, Founding Partner, Fortify.vc
- Special Guest Judge(s), To be announced